• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I really think these sorts of statements of my opinions and intentions belong in here

Mary Bull

Nicolas Claris said:
This thread specially created for Mary Bull.
Too much honor. <blushing>
(as one of my Bangkok friends once commented in another place)

But thanks a million anyway, Nicolas, for setting it up for me.

Please Mary, just go on with your thaughts.
We're all waiting for good read :))))

Well, they may have to be stated briefly, as there's a thunderstorm brewing outside this minute! And here in Nashville, thunderstorms make power outages more often than I like to remember.

Just, rambling, BTB, does anyone reading here have a good capture of a lightning strike? I would really love to see one--I would imagine it to be harder to catch than a believable moon. Though I *have* seen a few of those.

Would anyone like to talk about how believable photographs are achieved?

The background of this new thread is that Sean wrote something that really intrigued me in a post to a long thread with the title (shortened by me) "Smilies." It was an analysis of a particular grammatical construction in English (with a discussion thrown in of usage for non-capped "english" as a noun and capped "English" as a noun that branched off, and was a take I'd never seen before).

So I wanted to pay attention to Asher's well-described vision of the architecture of the house of OPF (Sean has said yes--so I'll start that thread in a little bit) and Nicolas was kind enough to say that I had the right idea.

Then it started hurting my conscience that I was rambling on in my reply to Nicolas with thoughts and opinions totally irrelevant to "Smilies" and I included a lefthanded apology for that. But since Nicolas--and everyone else here--treats me like an old friend, here I am with my very own thread in the Layback Cafe.

Enough for now. Like all artists, IMO, I do like to send "I" messages. But all the time, as I write, I'm thinking of all of you.

Delightedly,
Mary

Edited by Mary Bull, to get the HTML quote code in and give Nicolas the credit for the original EDIT.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Mary
I'm glad you started to write here!
As a photographer (today's job...) I enjoy good reading... well written texts, a too rare privilege. And you do so.

Your, may I say *candid*, sight on photography could and will certainly be some fresh air for a lot of us, your questionning (i.e. lightnings) is a so simple question, but so hard to answer... technically as well as from artistic point of view(es).
So yes, be welcome, I'll read all your posts and hope others will do and engage nice (in all senses) with you here or elsewhere in the fora (yes I (tried) to learn latin at school...)

All the best

Mary Bull

Thank you, Nicolas.

I hope to read at OPF more than I'll respond to thread posts or start new threads. It's a hope that may go by the wayside, however, because I'm both impulsive and talkative. And there's so much that's exciting to me here.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Mary