• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ones and twos and zeros

Doug Kerr

A little while ago, this epoch occurred (using the standard notation for "writing" an epoch in the "civil time" form):

CE 2011-11-11 11:11:11.1111 UTC

If we strip off the first two places of the year subfield, notation of the era and the time zone, and the separators, we get:

Wow! That's pretty unique. (Ow!)

On the other hand, if we do some other things, we get something else. For example, if we strip off the all ones and zeros, we get:

CE 2--:: UTC

Now if we take my Social Security Account Number (to use its actual name), and strip off all occurrences of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, and all separators, we get:

the number of a famous racing car.

Wow!

Yes of course I have better things to do.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

You're doing macros of imaginary phenomena; too much time on your hands! Meanwhile, texas longhorns pose nearby and birds nest and you're not photographing them!

Also, BTW, is there any evidence of fall in Texas at this time?

Asher