• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jumping Spider

Nikon D800E ,Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x NA 0.14 200/0
298 stack
original.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikon D800E ,Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x NA 0.14 200/0
298 stack
original.jpg

This, Bob is one work of extraordinary patient devotion and technological prowess.

The lens is surprisingly inexpensive but I would love to see how you attach it to your D800 and the setup for advancing the frames.

Now how do you persuade that bright-eyed spider to stay still, or to stay bright-eyed after you “deaded” it?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Holy giant!! Great catch .... I really like seeing photos of this magnitudeI It give such a detailed perspective of our natural world ! Kind of hairy and scary for me but I love it!

Charlotte-

i have attached my microscope setup using the Stackshot motor driven rail system. The styrofoam cup is lowered over the specimen for strobe diffusion.

original.jpg

the infinity corrected Mitutoyo Metallurgic objective lens requires a 200mm relay lens which is attached

original.jpg

the final image is assembled in Zerene Stacker and finished in Photoshop.

Asher Kelman

Just for the naive to automated stacking, like myself, here is the link to further comprehension of this totally amazing setup!

All for under $1,000 plus your “macro stacking rings” and a reversing adapter for your 50mm, (which you might have forgotten in a drawer), but not Bob’s infinity-corrected Mitutoyo Metallurgic objective lens!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Bob,

1. Where is your “200mm relay lens” and why the particular choice of stacking software you used?

2. Is it better than Helicon?

3. The objective is taped to stop reflections or what?

Asher