• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Parobrimus monstrosus

Peter Dexter

This is one of the "stick insects" and what I find exciting is that it was apparently only described seven years ago: Conle, Hennemann & Gutierrez 2011. This is a male.

44175337120_db884bdec8_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is one of the "stick insects" and what I find exciting is that it was apparently only described seven years ago: Conle, Hennemann & Gutierrez 2011. This is a male.

44175337120_db884bdec8_b.jpg

That certainly is evolved to be ugly. Who does it trick or it just increasing it’s odd st survival. I wonder whether those thorns really stop the birds from gobbling them up!

Remarkable creature. Now have they worked out a lifecycle. Is this the only form?

BTW, do you use a macro-ring, a devoted lens or just crop!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Well I think those thorns might deter a bird. I'm told there is a nymph form but I haven't seen it.

The lens is a Sony Zeiss 24 1.8, a landscape lens of all things but it is so sharp that combined with the 24mp of the camera I can get away with big crops.

Even more interesting in the larger size you posted in this forum as I can see the thorns better. Didn't know that it was a crop. As I previously posted, you did a good job with the details and sharpness.