• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Book recommendation

Mike Shimwell

I'm still strugling with the work/family/photography balance, plus scanning some negs I got back from the lab.

But, today I bought a copy of Andre Kertesz's 'On Reading' in the 2008 edition by Norton. All i can say is what a lovely little book, beautifully printed and if you don't have a copy then please consider buying it. The photography is lovely - I think the cover alone (the same image is printed slightly larger inside) is worth it...

Sorry to be effusive, but it was an impulse buy and I'm pleased to bits.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Mike, for the pointer,

I love such personal recommendations for books especially if I can afford them! This is I give myself as a treat as I just rebuilt a curved inner wall and plastered it and it looks damn near perfect! So I deserve it even in these harder times! Meanwhile, feel free to add your impressions/mini review if you get so inspired.

My understanding of US copyright law, (of which I'm no expert) is that some pictures from the book can be used under "fair use" if it's given attribution and it's for editorial comment.

Asher