• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Miami skyline with a difference...timelapse

Richard Peters

I wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as it's technically made up of many still photos (over 2300 in fact) I guess this is as good a place as any?!

Ok so this is my first attempt at doing timelapse (time-lapse, time lapse, seen it spelt all three ways online!) and I'm pleased with how it came out as an experiment in what does and does not work. It's certainly not as easy as I thought it might be, with how to set the camera, looking out for dust spots, working out how the light might change during the fixed exposures and of course the sheer amount of time you have to put in to it. Still, here we go...link is to my blog by the way as I couldn't get a YouTube video to embed on here?! Plus there is more info about shooting the video and a little 'behind the scenes' vid I did for fun.

Miami timelapse video.

Hope you enjoy :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I must say that I'd not have expected the time lapse imagery to be as interesting. Yes, of course it's dramatic to see clouds moving over a city, but the clever thing you have done is to cut between different views and that allows wthe motif of movement to be approached in different ways to look at the one subject, Miami. It must become addictive.

Asher