• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Off To Lashkar Gah Today

Wendy Thurman

This is one time I hope I don't find myself confronted with interesting images. US, Afghan, and British forces have launched a major offensive today in Marja, about 15 kilometers away from Lashkar Gah. Wish me luck!

Wendy

janet Smith

pro member
This is one time I hope I don't find myself confronted with interesting images. US, Afghan, and British forces have launched a major offensive today in Marja, about 15 kilometers away from Lashkar Gah. Wish me luck!

HI Wendy

We heard about it on the news last night, and thought of you - your colleagues and everyone else out there - sending you our best wishes and of course lots of luck! Keep in touch when you can......

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Wendy,
Just checking in to see if you're ok - the news over here paints a rather bleak picture. Numerous civilian casualties in Marjah.
How are you doing?

wendy1.gif

1: British forces find cache of IEDs, along with tunnels and ammunition dumps in this area
2: UK/Danish troops continue to disrupt Taliban movements; small arms contacts reported
3: US and UK forces operating either side of Canal 56 crossings consolidate their hold on the area
4: Bulk of British operations going on in this area; clearing and holding village-by-village
5: US forces continue air and ground assaults; On the outskirts of Marjah two rockets miss their targets, striking a house and killing 12 civilians

Source: UK Ministry of Defence

Wendy Thurman

Back in Kabul. Didn't do a lot of photography but I may have one or two images worth posting.

Thanks to all for your wishes- appreciate it!

Wendy