• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

While on the other side

fahim mohammed

lies Machu Picchu..

p1373822133-6.jpg

Fuji XT-1

Robert Watcher

Ausie friends of ours - here in Nicaragua - travelled to Peru a couple of months ago, and visited and walked around Machu Picchu. It was one of the most stunning experiences of their lives, even with her being sick for a few days from the altitude.

Knowing I am a photographer, they were very zealous in recommending that location as a must-do for Anne and I. We are commited to a trip to Ecuador coming up in Feb/March, so not likely within the next year. But something we are considering.

Nice landscape photo of the mountains.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
lies Machu Picchu..

p1373822133-6.jpg

Fuji XT-1

This is impressive for such a wide detail-rich scene. I'd love to know how a portion of this would print.

Are you on a promotional tour for the Fuji XT-1? I must say Fahim, this makes a DSLR seem frankly old-fashioned. I imagine that in good hands this camera good glide through weddings too!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Fahim. I'm shocked.
X-T1 indeed.
We have something else in common.
I haven't felt so comfortable with a camera since 1974 when I bought a Nikon FE. or was that 1976? Who cares.
Since I bought the Fuji I have sold everything with Nikon name on it. My kit is all Fuji. How nice is it to wander the streets with a small light kit knowing I'm getting the best results possible for my purpose.
Not sure Id get to Machu Picchu with it though. Seems like a long climb.
Enjoy.

fahim mohammed

Thank you Robert, Antonio, Asher and Tom.

No, I am not now or have ever been on any camera manufacturer's promotional tour. I just use what
I think suits me best at a certain place or time.

Best regards.