• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Zeiss Visionar f1.6 100mm mod takes its 2nd walk

Dr Klaus Schmitt

2nd park visit with that lens, last day announced with sun before some coming rain period...

I'm getting used to this lens more and more. Very pleasant detail rendering, great colors and microcontrast.

16963317572_a046932be3_o.jpg

16938703956_1cd1a60c35_o.jpg

16757266687_8c14efab7a_o.jpg

16963320852_a4a556431b_o.jpg

16776960228_21bcf179ed_o.jpg

16777195900_ce30d95487_o.jpg

Full set is here (scroll to end): https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157648961220894/

Chris Calohan

Lovely piece of glass. It may just be the contrast in the first two shots but I seem to detect a bit of chromatic abberation (toward the blue side). I didn't see it in any of the other shots so am more convinced it is the result of contrasting colors more than the lens.

I especially like the last two and more so the second from the last. The bokeh contrast is so silky and smooth.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Lovely piece of glass. It may just be the contrast in the first two shots but I seem to detect a bit of chromatic abberation (toward the blue side). I didn't see it in any of the other shots so am more convinced it is the result of contrasting colors more than the lens.

I especially like the last two and more so the second from the last. The bokeh contrast is so silky and smooth.

It does have CA Chris, and actually quite a bit, but I'm used to that and know how to make it not too prominently visible, by chousing a suitable BG. Remember, it is a projection lens, so CA was never a design criteria (CA behind a in front of a projection screen never gets visible if sharpness is correctly adjusted)

It is very sharp (approx100 lpppm resolution it has), but indeed silky smooth and not harsh at all, so indeed perfectly suited for my kind of work. I have seen it used as a wonderful lens for portraits, too.

Last edited: