• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rose

Klaus Esser

pro member
This is one of my very rare macros:

shot in 4x5" on Kodak EPP eith Sinar P2 and 150mm Symmar.
Light came from a 5000Ws Blaesing Lightbox 90x90cm.
Drumscan @2000dpi

weiss_Tr_cut.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is so splendid Kalus!

Did you purchase the rose just for this and how did you set up the light? Did you use any reflectors?

Also is this cropped, if so, why?

Is the size of the light box of 90cm (36") so large there was wrap arounf and no need for any other modification of the light?

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
This is so splendid Kalus!

Did you purchase the rose just for this and how did you set up the light? Did you use any reflectors?

Also is this cropped, if so, why?

Is the size of the light box of 90cm (36") so large there was wrap arounf and no need for any other modification of the light?

Asher

Hi Asher!

I selected this rose from about hundred of others (had a red one and a beige one to find too) at the florist´s.

The rose is un-cropped in the tranny - i cropped it because i found it more interresting to concentrate to it´s center. Seems to go "endless" deeper into it.

I choose the lightbox this size because i love a window-like light. It was placed VERY close to the flower - i think it was max. 10-20cm. By varying the position´s height i "adjustet" it to the light i wanted - a "flooding" but intensive light without burned out highlights and too deep shodows. So the delicate character of a rose was kept.

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is a great technic. It would be interesting to shoot the best digital v. L. format and see how you like the digital print and what practical difference it might make for a 16x20 print, if you print a portion at say 8x10.

Obviously the film can hold more, but what about the esthetics of the final print? Where is the suffering of the Digital?

Asher