• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

3 Granddaughters

Robert Watcher

3 of my little sweeties all sitting in a row

13411712325210_3granddaughters.jpg

Robert Watcher

Thank you for your thoughts.

I took this shot deliberately. I have actually sold quite a few similar looks with my Portrait Sessions and so tend to be aware of such possibilities. One family purchased an expensive $1,000.00 30"x40" canvas of their lower backs and legs with arms crisscrossed as they walked away from me (mom and dad and 2 teenage daughters).

The straight out of camera digital file does not include their heads for the reason that I wanted to make sure the focus was right where it needed to be - - - and in case the negative space at the bottom of the frame (which I ended up cropping out) could be used artstically in some way. If I had just cropped a full shot of the scene (faces and bodies), I may not have had those options - or may have just not bothered cropping this way.

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------​

OKAY - I gotta show the faces of my cutie pies. A series of shots like this, were taken first. The 2 on the left side are sisters - my daughters girls - - - and the one of the right is my son's daughter.

13411785315484_3granddaughters-faces.jpg

While I love this shot, I think that the focus is so different when just looking at their legs and hands in the top image. For me, the personalities are still reflected in that shot - but differently when you can't see the faces. Conversely with this bottom shot, the faces overpower and you don't tend to pay attention to the quirkiness and uniqueness on the body positions - or what they are doing with their hands and feet.

As Asher mentioned with the first shot "With no heads, this becomes everyone's children". I totally agree that that is a strength of the image.

I love the shot of just the feet and hands. Of course, the other shows their adorable faces, but the feet and the hands really speaks to their personalities and how they relate to each other. The first thing I noticed was how the child to the left had her hand on her sister's knee showing a special bond and familiarity between them. With their heads in the picture, we tend to automatically look at their faces and may dismiss those little details we see in the one without the heads.

Gorgeous children, btw, and they look so happy too! :)
Maggie