• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A man

fahim mohammed

p621940943.jpg

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Fahim

I just came across this one, what an expressive face this man has, he looks so sad in his ragged clothes, makes me so aware of how lucky we are....

Interesting contradiction between his poor ragged state and the shiny new looking bike behind him.

Could I suggest trying this one in B&W, I'm sure it would look good...

John Angulat

pro member
I agree with Janet...

This would make a great candidate for B&W. Darken the background a bit, I bet the image would look great (don't get me wrong, it's a fine image as is!),

fahim mohammed

Hello Janet,

yes, we have to thank God for His blessings and for how fortunate we are.

Thanks for your suggestion..I shall try a bw conversion.

Best regards.

Hi Fahim

I just came across this one, what an expressive face this man has, he looks so sad in his ragged clothes, makes me so aware of how lucky we are....

Interesting contradiction between his poor ragged state and the shiny new looking bike behind him.

Could I suggest trying this one in B&W, I'm sure it would look good...

fahim mohammed

John, thanks for stopping by and your suggestions. I shall give it a try. Don't ever think I will get ' it'
wrong..on the contrary, my thanks to you for taking the time to give me the benefit of your experience.

Take care.

This would make a great candidate for B&W. Darken the background a bit, I bet the image would look great (don't get me wrong, it's a fine image as is!),

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

It's good that you have a heart for those not fortunate. It's sad and a complex morality for poor people to beget poor children because what else is there for them to show for their existence.

As John suggests, this would likely be great in B&W. In fact, I see no contribution of color to the picture. The beauty of color distracts from the shabby worn clothes and the hard form of the drum. The drum, BTW, to me at least, is a far more important feature than the bicycle. If the latter was so important, one could say it should be sharply rendered. On the other hand, the form of the metal drum, also a reject from the industrial harsh society, is a great contrasting form to the more delicate, fragile nature of the man.

Thanks for sharing your sensitivity,

Asher