• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Coke and A Smile

Bobby Deal

Shot in Nelson Nevada during a recent VVS Workshop. Natural light, mid day under a bit of shade offered by the porch which offered about a 2 stop cut.

highres_7165287.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bobby,

What a bright upbeat shot. It's almost true! The lack of direct eye contact helps to make her more alluring and not salacious. The bright light behind her gives her a great separation and yet it's not blown out. I like very much her pose and how she's lit. Are there added lights?

Asher

Bobby Deal

Thanks for the comments. No there are no added lights it was actually just a quick snapshot with a 50mm f/1.8 @ 2.8 with a -1/3 compensation after spot metering off the models skin

Asher Kelman

Thanks for the comments. No there are no added lights it was actually just a quick snapshot with a 50mm f/1.8 @ 2.8 with a -1/3 compensation after spot metering off the models skin

but then Bobby, did you work with Shadows/highlight controls in Photoshop?

Asher

Bobby Deal

Yes the image has been post processed. While I did not use Highlight / Shadow controls in PS I did use levels and curves adjustments along with blending layers and the judicious use of the Dodge and Burn tools. This image dod not come out of the camera looking like this ;-) and that is the beauty of digital it allow us to be our own Lab Technicians rather then handing off film and letting someone else finsih the magic for us.

Asher Kelman

Yes the image has been post processed. While I did not use Highlight / Shadow controls in PS I did use levels and curves adjustments along with blending layers and the judicious use of the Dodge and Burn tools. This image dod not come out of the camera looking like this ;-) and that is the beauty of digital it allow us to be our own Lab Technicians rather then handing off film and letting someone else finsih the magic for us.

Well, the method works! Especially the lips! Is that where you used dodge and burn or just the curves? That's especially good for getting extra dimension.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Nelson!

Nelson is a great place to shoot! A group of us went this year during the WPPI show. Sadly, we had a few photographers who "hogged" the models (we had 9 people and three models). The light inside the barn structure is amazing.

Hoping to get another group going again in March during WPPI with more structure to the shoot or maybe going to the Boneyard.

Bobby Deal

Yes, Nelson is a great place to shoot, I lead groups out there on a regular basis. Have been there with two groups in the past 6 months and have another one going later this month. When we take a group we make sure to keep our photographer to model ratios no higher then 2:1 to ensure that everyone gets ample opportunity to shoot.