• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Please add a back to index button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Anderson

Alternatively, could the tree links be replicated at the bottom of each page too? I don't see a spell checker either - perhaps it's not a feature set of this forum incarnation. I don't think phpBB has it either.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are great ideas. A message to Michael Tapes would speed things.

I'd love a spell checket too!

Asher

Melanie Kipp

One minor thing that keeps getting me is the "New" text to the left of the forum titles. I see "New" and, without thinking, click the "New" text instead of the forum title. Obviously this gets me nowhere.
Making the "New" text an active link would seem logical. Might be more trouble than it's worth and I may be the only one doing this.
:)

I agree that navigating these forums is not ideal. Would you want "new" to take you to that forum or to the newest article in the forum it points to? I would vote for seeing the forum, in case there is more than one "new" thing going on.

scott

Diane Fields

scott kirkpatrick said:
I agree that navigating these forums is not ideal. Would you want "new" to take you to that forum or to the newest article in the forum it points to? I would vote for seeing the forum, in case there is more than one "new" thing going on.

scott

In truth, I hadn't noticed that. I usually come into the forum and click on 'view new posts' at the top. If the thread as a whole seems interesting I can read the whole thing--I prefer the 'linear' or 'hybrid' modes where I can see all posts as opposed to the threaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.