• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Favorite Locations in your parks for chat or shooting folk

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
All of us cherish locations just to meet friends and have chat. Here's a favorite that's on the north side of Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills.

_MG_0009_800_01.jpg

Asher Kelman: Place for a Muse

This location has a number of great characteristics: columns, interesting curved wall, stone benches, flowers and a fountain. Share you special places nearby.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Good One

I love the Getty Museum....but I will have to remember the walkway on SM Blvd and add it to my locations list. Roxbury Park had some nice little spots to photograph too (these are local to Los Angeles).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Englischer Garten, a large public park in Munich, offers many possibilities.

I like the scenery and the light.

If you want to see some action, there is (nearly) always something to see at the Eisbach.

Best regards,
Michael

This is wonderful, but where do the waves come from? I thought it was a park with a lake near Munich and didn't remember any surf! Now I realize that these are different locations!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Thanks Asher.

There is a small artificial River, called Eisbach with a standing wave. There are actually two waves like that in Munich, but this is the more popular (and more dangerous) place.

The easiest way to find it, is to look for Haus der Kunst. The standing wave is only a few meters away to the east.

Englischer Garten is huge (actually larger than Central Park in NY), so you find man different places.

Best regards,
Michael