• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

a tree swallow

this tree swallow perched on a dead snag near where i was standing, and let me shoot away...

Canon 30D, Sigma EX80-400 at 400mm, 1/1000 @ f11

IMG_1617sm.jpg

IMG_1556sm.jpg

IMG_1551sm.jpg

Ray West

Hi Winston,

For the first one, I think I'd see what it was like with cropping the top and bottom, and a bit on the left, to remove the area of sky 'trapped behind the wood', and the jagged wood profile at the bottom which distracts my eye from the subject. I like the way that the main shape more or less matches the profile of the birds chest.

For the third, which is a bit unusual pose, I think I'd ps away the whole of the wood, except the bit its stood on, to get the profile of the bird against the plain sky. I think the pose could be used for a transport company brochure/trademark sort of thing ;-) Same ps for the second, if you're in the mood.

I've not commented on the colour/shadow detail, etc, since this depends om my monitor and your final purpose of the image - i.e. print, or whatever.

Best wishes,

Ray