• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Barn Owl & Bald Eagle - landing to Glove

John Harper

Hi There

Last ones for a while i promise.. Barn Owl "Tess" and Bald Eagle "Cheyenne" landing to the glove of their respective falconers.

Back on the 400mm for the Barn Owl and the 70-200mm for the Bald Eagle. Tried to avoid my usual "halos" and applied Nicolas's sharpening action.

Comments critiques welcome.. and i shall take a break from posting shots like these as i am sure you all want a break from my obsession :)

But thank you to everyone who has taken the time to give me advice and help in so many ways, it is appreciated.

John

tessbowlland.jpg

eagle2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

I like them! no need to cut off the flow. There are interesting just as shot. I wonder whether the last picture would be better with the straps edited out?

Asher

Ray West

I think if the hand and the bait wasn't there, then edit away the jesses, but they are part of the situation now, so I think they should be left in. I think I would remove the thin transmitter aerial wire, and possibly put some brown feathers on the chick - he looks cold ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

John Harper

I think if the hand and the bait wasn't there, then edit away the jesses, but they are part of the situation now, so I think they should be left in. I think I would remove the thin transmitter aerial wire, and possibly put some brown feathers on the chick - he looks cold ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

Hi Ray

Yes i agree the chick does look a bit cold :)

I have taken your advice and removed the transmitter wire... My Photoshop knowledge is just about upto that task. As for the brown feathers... well i will leave that for another project on my long road of life long learning.

Regards

John

eagle2a.jpg