• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Image making: macro or micro?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jack,

Specially for you Doug, what happens when engineers own dogs (since we already know what happens when they own cameras):

Fabulous. Thanks so much.

However, with regard to the attachment of the rubber tension bands, I would have thought it better to . . .

Best regards,

Doug

Jack_Flesher

Personally, I think it's the fact that photography is both an artistic and technical challenge that drives my passion for it.

Great comments Tim! The last one sums it up for me as well --- it is a significant enough challenge for me to maximize results using the dominant half of my brain, let alone having to coordinate two disparate halves to achieve a repeatable, desired result. But on the (rare) occasions they do come together for me, it is a very rewarding feeling!

Personally, I think it's the fact that photography is both an artistic and technical challenge that drives my passion for it.

Hi Tim,

You are right, it's exactly what got me hooked some 40 years ago (with a plastic roll film camera with 2 apertures, sunny and cloudy, and a fixed exposure time).

Bart

Rachel Foster

Photography has been immensely frustrating for me at times (can we say "photoshop?") and intensely rewarding. It's precisely the challenge that keeps me engaged. I've learned a great deal in my less than two year obsession (to date) and know I've that much more many times over left to learn. It's the challenge and the fact that I achieve just enough mastery to keep me going.

If it were easy, pfffffft! Why bother?