• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi, I'm Sam from St Augustine, FL

Fl Hokie

I have been into photography now for about 30 years. Started off just wanting to take a few family pictures. Now it's my second hobby...golf is still No 1. Love bird and wild life photography. I lucky to live about 3 miles from the St Augustine Alligator Farm(know locally as the Gator Farm). Also lots of interesting sites to shoot in the old city. Am just finishing up work on a picture book for Memorial Presbyterian Church to document all the treasures of the 116 year old church

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Sam and welcome!

The picture book sounds interesting and a challenge. Is it printed yet? A major rational of this forum, is to encourage photographers to go for excellence in their final product. In your case, it is the print. These can be discussed from many standpoints: aesthetics in Ben Lifson and Alin Briot's forum, Architecture with Nicolas Claris, Printing with alan Briot and so forth. So. if the books are not printed yet, hopefully you can take advantage of these fora to see whether or not your final output is optimized to your personal vision and possibilities.

Just a reminder we are trying to get everyone to use real names.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46

If you need help, PM Michael Tapes and he will help you.

With my best wishes,

Asher :)

Fl Hokie

Asher,

I'm working with the Heritage Committee of the Church, they are providing the funding and will provide most of the text. If any major disagreements arise, I will call on the expertise available on the Forum. Thanks for the offer and guidance.

Sam