• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

War of Wings

Charlotte Thompson

[/]

[War of Wings]

I die for speaking the language of the angels.
Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

“Now there’s an illustration, gentlemen — a real illustration. I studied that girl, Joan of Arc, for twelve years, and it never seemed to me that the artists and the writers gave us a true picture of her. They drew a picture of a peasant. Her dress was that of a peasant. But they always missed the face — the divine soul, the pure character, the supreme woman, the wonderful girl. She was only 18 years old, but put into a breast like hers a heart like hers and I think, gentlemen, you would have a girl — like that.” Mark Twain-[/]

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
[/]

[War of Wings]

Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

“Now there’s an illustration, gentlemen — a real illustration. I studied that girl, Joan of Arc, for twelve years, and it never seemed to me that the artists and the writers gave us a true picture of her. They drew a picture of a peasant. Her dress was that of a peasant. But they always missed the face — the divine soul, the pure character, the supreme woman, the wonderful girl. She was only 18 years old, but put into a breast like hers a heart like hers and I think, gentlemen, you would have a girl — like that.” Mark Twain-[/]

It's obvious, Obama has wired the Angels. Trump was correct, he's even tapping the wires of fairies! That's just me frustrated that angels seem to be in retreat!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

[/]

[War of Wings]

Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

Oh don't glorify any historical person ...

Charlotte Thompson

It is my belief in courage and strength in a female that so honors my art for Joan. I as a female encourage this strength in my gender. Strength is a great value either way you understand this girl
Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There is no use in glorifying historical person, especially when they have already been glorified in a religious and moral way like Jeanne d'Arc.

Well, what is the "use" of photographing a sunset or a rose?

At least a sunset is exactly that and a rose is a rose is a rose. Heros are far more complicated. They may be wonderful or even evil. But they can, at times, as in this case, serve in a major aspirational role models for young people. Joan of Arc is one such mythical figure to inspire young girls that despite being the physically weaker sex, they can achieve influence and authority if they plan, focus, train, prepare and persevere.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Exactly.. Asher! The glorification is in her courage and her strength that is a valuable substance for any human. To stand for that kind of courage in any endeavor is admirable.