• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OC Fair

Gary Ayala

Snaps from the Orange County Fair can be found here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/1723831

Usually, when I photograph an event like the fair, I photograph it as a story. The photos required to tell the story may or may not reflect a personal interest. This time I just snapped a few shots which I found interesting. Maybe I was uninspired ... maybe I'm trying to shoot differently ... and maybe I'm just being lazy.

85095133-L.jpg

I really liked the goats ... maybe one for the backyard ...

Gary

Roger Lambert

Maa--aa-aa-aa-ybe you are being too hard on yourself? :D

The photos are fine, several of them are pure joy IMO. Everything with the kids in them is a delight. It is so obvious what a great time they are having - captured that beautifully.

I think you were grooving on that, too.

The first goat image is just wonderful. The happy white goat, with his head outside the gate, chewing on his hay and ears alop. My god what an expression on his face! I just love that image.:)

Gary Ayala

Roger Lambert said:
Maa--aa-aa-aa-ybe you are being too hard on yourself? :D

The photos are fine, several of them are pure joy IMO. Everything with the kids in them is a delight. It is so obvious what a great time they are having - captured that beautifully.

I think you were grooving on that, too.

The first goat image is just wonderful. The happy white goat, with his head outside the gate, chewing on his hay and ears alop. My god what an expression on his face! I just love that image.:)

Thanks Roger. I really enjoyed the goats. They were friendly and fun, just wanted to be cuddled.

Gary Ayala

Tom Yi said:
I went earlier in the month, the first weekend when it opened.
As the light was setting, I got into a more spooky not so happy typical barn yard mood.
My goat
80612078-M.jpg

[/URL]

Man, my first thought of this goat was ... "Mel Gibson".