• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Helmut by June

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doubtless, many of you know these videos already. However, today i had a surprise introduction. I just received this video of Helmut Newton, The king of pink!".

I have just looked at part 1. of at least 4 parts and the first is enlightening, honest, shocking and inspiring.

"Everything is automatic. it's a camera that every amateur buys."

"Everything is a little slice of life. Every picture is based on reality. I have no feverish imagination. It's all real and it happens every day. Every scene i do here is plucked from the reality of the harshness of everyday life ....... amongst the rich"

June, his wife quotes him as saying, "The way I photograph things is the way I see the world".

"I always liked strong women, I feel secure!"

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is it that Helmut is passé or you all knew about these videos? I happen to like him but who else is as impressed?

Hi
I'll take the time later in the day, to watch all of these...
I like Helmut Newton photos (less June's) because to me it's so light and "innocent"...

fahim mohammed

I know of them. I like some of Helmut's work.

I have not yetwatched the video.

I do like how he thinks about the world and his photography.

I, too, like strong women. But not to make feel safe.

charlie chipman

I did not know of these video's and look forward to watching them when I have a few minutes. Thank you Asher for posting this.

I am a fan of Helmut's work. I received Sumo as a present recently.

PageImage-486589-2021821-walkingwomen.jpg