• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A glimpse of the past

StuartRae

I've recently re-discovered a document I scanned several years ago from a pile of badly typed sheets of paper, and converted it to HTML.
It recounts the events of Christmas and New Year 1927/28 as seen through the eyes of a 10 year old girl. That girl was my aunt, and her sister Marjorie was my mother.

I thought that some of you might find it interesting.

Daisy's Story

Regards,

Stuart

fahim mohammed

Stuart, I read your young aunt's ' short memoirs '. Nostalgia and wonderful memories. Great you scanned
and preserved them.

Best regards.

I 've read about half of it, but have not had time to read it all, but the part I read was enchanting. I wonder how old she was when she actually wrote it. At first I thought she was 10, but realized later in the text when she talked about the Village Gossip game that she says they played it for years afterwards. Was a lot of fun to read and will surely go and read the rest in the near future.
Thanks for posting it.
Maggie