• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Woohoo! The Big M!

Jarmo Juntunen

Some here might be delighted and others simply confused to hear that me and the misses just finished the annual Finlandia Marathon. She did really well, considering this was her first one. 5:19 is really a very acceptable time to finish. For me, it was the fifth M and I had a terrible run. Every possible muscle and other parts you do not want hear about refused to cooperate completely. Given that, 4:09:01 isn't bad at all. So, now it's time for some Veuve Clicquot. Some pictures might follow.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some here might be delighted and others simply confused to hear that me and the misses just finished the annual Finlandia Marathon. She did really well, considering this was her first one. 5:19 is really a very acceptable time to finish. For me, it was the fifth M and I had a terrible run. Every possible muscle and other parts you do not want hear about refused to cooperate completely. Given that, 4:09:01 isn't bad at all. So, now it's time for some Veuve Clicquot. Some pictures might follow.

Jarmo,

Congrats to both of you! 600 mg of Advil with milk three times a day is what I do when I have those aces. Also you need to massage and kneed the muscles and have gentle but persistent stetting, but, of course, as an old hand, this is exactly what you do!

Asher

Congratulations, Jarmo to both you and your misses! and have a glass of champagne for me. ( I love champagne!)

Jarmo,

Congrats to both of you! 600 mg of Advil with milk three times a day is what I do when I have those aces. Also you need to massage and kneed the muscles and have gentle but persistent stetting, but, of course, as an old hand, this is exactly what you do!

Asher

Asher, is the milk for potassium for the muscles or because the Advil is hard on the stomach?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, is the milk for potassium for the muscles or because the Advil is hard on the stomach?

I take acid blockers for the stomach and use enteric coated ibuprofen. No need for K if one has a regular diet. The loss in sweat is of Na. K is an internal ion. In any case, if the kidneys are working fine, salt will be conserved it it's needed. Gatoraide and the like replace the lost electrolytes.]

Asher

I take acid blockers for the stomach and use enteric coated ibuprofen. No need for K if one has a regular diet. The loss in sweat is of Na. K is an internal ion. In any case, if the kidneys are working fine, salt will be conserved it it's needed. Gatoraide and the like replace the lost electrolytes.]

Asher

okay, so to minimize stomach upset. Thanks. :)
Maggie

Jarmo Juntunen

Thanks Maggie and Asher! We had a nice dinner last night and I did raise a glass of bubbly for you, Maggie :)! Now it's the following morning here in Finland and I feel ok (save for sore legs!). A few weeks of rest and I'll start preparing for next year's run. I had my mind set for 3:45, so in that way 4:09 is slightly disappointing. But that only leaves me hungry for more!