• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pirelli 2013 Calendar, the making of

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Folks,

For your info and enjoyment (with hardly any NSFW content this year):

http://vimeo.com/54374785

Cheers,
Bart

Bart,

This was one of the most pleasurable and inspiring diversions you have sent us on. Of course Steve is talented but more so he chose a location, Brasil, which couldn't be richer in patina, architecture and painted walls. but the life behind all this pulses through.

The use of smart women is an advance in exploiting beauty for so many good causes. I hope that all the charities these women support get benefit.

Steve says all he does is get the women to look towards him, but then he omits talking about the clothes that work with each scene, the poses and the lighting crew as well as the ability to shoot in the rain!

I'll be going over this video many times as there's so much to learn. Interesting is his use of LED lighting panels. Seems ideal for location. He just has no end of assistants to keep his shoots going. The food bill must be enormous!

Interesting that he uses a Nikon D3X and Hasselblad, but in the rain, mostly the Nikon!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Bart, I waited for somebody else to comment, before I chimed in.

When I was a high school student ( dinosaurs did roam the earth ), these were collector's items.
There was a protocol to follow whenever there was was one calendar available for passing around.

Costa, one of my friends, would be the one that somehow managed to get hold of one. He was the ' chosen ' one. Secretly we believed he belonged to the Cosa Nostra, hence his luck with all things Italian!!

Your post brought me back to those lovely lovely days in England, where 12 photos started fistfights amongst the best of friends.

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bart, I waited for somebody else to comment, before I chimed in.

When I was a high school student ( dinosaurs did roam the earth ), these were collector's items.
There was a protocol to follow whenever there was was one calendar available for passing around.

Costa, one of my friends, would be the one that somehow managed to get hold of one. He was the ' chosen ' one. Secretly we believed he belonged to the Cosa Nostra, hence his luck with all things Italian!!

Your post brought me back to those lovely lovely days in England, where 12 photos started fistfights amongst the best of friends.

Thank you.

Fahim,

I have travelled a great deal, but you have far surpassed me in mileage. I have never seen a Pirelli Calendar. It seems to have predated playboy! I read that they are given a corporate gifts by the Pirelli company. I wonder if they are also available for purchase by the rest of us?

Asher