• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi, All!

Rachel Foster

It's been a long time, but I've not forgotten my OPF friends. I've has some health problems and other distractions. In August, post surgical complications led to "cardiac efflusion" and "cardiac tamonade." I flat-lined, had the code blue, the paddles, the whole thing. It was very, very exciting! Seriously, it was an experience I'm grateful I had.

Anyway, I stopped shooting because I became too critical of my work. I think I'm ready to pick up the camera again. I'll be lurking for a while, reading comments and getting ideas.

I hope everyone is well! I shall be back soon.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's been a long time, but I've not forgotten my OPF friends. I've has some health problems and other distractions. In August, post surgical complications led to "cardiac efflusion" and "cardiac tamonade." I flat-lined, had the code blue, the paddles, the whole thing. It was very, very exciting! Seriously, it was an experience I'm grateful I had.

Anyway, I stopped shooting because I became too critical of my work. I think I'm ready to pick up the camera again. I'll be lurking for a while, reading comments and getting ideas.

I hope everyone is well! I shall be back soon.

Rachel,

Mother nature missed her pictures of red roses like lips of a lover!

DancingwithRogerOnValentinesDay.jpg

So you were tested to the limits. Those paddles must have come over as a big shock! What a terrible experience! Glad you made it though. Never miff her again and keep making pictures of what's around you!

Asher

Rachel Foster

The most important lesson I learned is that she is my friend and death is nothing to fear. But, I'm alive and I'm making the most of it.

I've not yet decided what direction my work will take, but it will be (for me) an exciting journey. Right now, I'm beginning to catch up on what's been happening here.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rachel,

Just collect your best pictures and sort them by topic in iviewmediapro or Phase One "Media Pro" cataloging software. You can choose any number of categories to put your pictures into groups that share some compositional style motif or color set and so forth.

See what you have. This exercise will refresh your memory of the joy you had and frustrations you overcast to get the ones you love. This is your core work and will speak to you. If you like, send me jpgs of the top 500 pictures in your collection and I'll explore for you! I'm sure that you have treasures that you are unkind to and pass over too quickly.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I have been pining for your return and some sanity here, Rachael.
Thank you fro your return. It is not advisable to attend one's own funeral unless absolutely necessary. Its a good thing you found it unnecessary at this point in your life. You have photos to take.

The most important lesson I learned is that she is my friend and death is nothing to fear. But, I'm alive and I'm making the most of it.

I've not yet decided what direction my work will take, but it will be (for me) an exciting journey. Right now, I'm beginning to catch up on what's been happening here.

Hi Rachel,

Happy to have you back, and still amongst us! Lots of catching up to do ...

Cheers,
Bart

Chris Calohan

Well, can't say I've ever had that experience, but can say for certain I am glad. Your insight and vision is refreshing and I look forward to getting comments from you. Onward!

Michael Nagel

Welcome back!

Don't be too critical of your work - errors can be an astonishing start for new ideas.

Best regards,
Michael