• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ISO test

As promised the ISO test.
I decided to do it this way because landscapes on ISO800 did not show enough noise to really show the difference.
So I parked my car in the shade and shot a serie of 100,400,800 handheld.
The crops here are in that order:

One thing I have to add.
The bumper on the Volvo shows structure, so in the ISO100 shot that is NOT noise.
Look at the logo and grill.

100, 400, 800

Test_AFi7_ISO_main.jpg

Crop 100
Test_AFi7_ISO_main100.jpg

Crop 400
Test_AFi7_ISO_main400.jpg

Crop 800
Test_AFi7_ISO_800.jpg

Although the 800 shows some noise (well actually alot of noise as expected), you have to remember that this is a 33MP back.
In other words when you show a 1:1 crop that would translate in a BIG print before it shows up.
I would without a doubt use 800 for prints up to A3 if I could not shoot on ISO400.

For the time being that concludes the review.
If there are ANY questions feel free to ask.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi franck
That's interesting, what software did you use for PP? what settings for sharpness and NR?
I guess they were both set to zero but I'd like to be sure…

Thanks for sharing!

Everything at zero and ACR for processing.
Could be better with the Leaf software but I wanted to show it raw and dirty.
It cleans up perfectly in the Leaf software, you will loose some detail but it has plenty of that :D

Everything at zero and ACR for processing.
Could be better with the Leaf software but I wanted to show it raw and dirty.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for that. I hate it when manufacturers only show pre-cooked files, I'm (more than) capable of determining myself of what's good, and what's not(!), although I also understand that some other potential users are not.

That also emphasizes the importance of conducting one's own tests (as you did, and do), before committing to a given system.

Bart