• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

House Finch

Doug Herr

It's a very common bird in my area, so common that I had ignored them for many many years - until I realized that I had no good pictures of the species!

These were made in my yard where I've set up a feeder and have semi-permanently placed a blind.

male House Finches have rosy-red plumage:

hofinc05.jpg

hofinc08.jpg

while the female House finch is better camouflaged:

hofinc10.jpg

and my favorite photo of the species:

hofinc11.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's a very common bird in my area, so common that I had ignored them for many many years - until I realized that I had no good pictures of the species!

These were made in my yard where I've set up a feeder and have semi-permanently placed a blind.

male House Finches have rosy-red plumage:

hofinc05.jpg

hofinc08.jpg

while the female House finch is better camouflaged:

hofinc10.jpg

and my favorite photo of the species:

hofinc11.jpg

These are so beautiful and to think you didn't have to catch and kill them as Audobon did. He'd have either gotten a camera or a different vocation had he seen your work first, LOL'

Beautiful colors and poses!

Asher