• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Holliday snap challenge

Dierk Haasis

pro member
Done with LightZone 2beta:

IMG_4188.jpg

Trying to maintain, even enhance, the Magical Kingdom touch. Most obvious is the change in colour and saturation of the foreground; the mist in the middle has been boosted, the sky and mountain-tops lightened, as was the boat. The mountain's centre has been darkened to get a little bit of detail and perspective into the image.

Slight sharpening of the foreground.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Whats so remarkable, is that each version is in itself workable as a print. Yet each is so different. I am surpised and pleased what a useful tool Lightzone is in your hands Dierk.

Pity we didn't set a no cropping policy or these could all be layered and then that would be interesting to pick and choose mountains and mist from each!

When we get some more, we'll prepare a composite so we can see them in a block of pictures side by side.

Asher

Don Lashier

Ivan Garcia said:
Thank you Don.
It is a labour of love (frustrating at times).
But this is how you learn! Next time it will be much easier. But learning how to use masks instead of eraser will be a quantum leap - you clearly have the vision, your latest attempt is one of the best here imo.

- DL

Ivan Garcia

Don
Sorry for not answering sooner; I am just very busy with my work. I am very pleased you like my latest version; I could not have done it without your advice. I will try and apply your masking technique to my image as soon as work allows.
Kind regards
Ivan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Ivan,

Please give me the url's of the pictures that no longer appear! Then I will restore the broken links!

Asher