• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some of my first rolls of film

Nikon FM2n with nikkor 85mm f1.4D. All shot between f1.4-2.8. All taken at my friends art gallery The Abstracted.

Jesse Golfis
8472971448_dbeb5a74df_c.jpg

Some of Jesse Golfis's work
8471880221_a99202d52b_c.jpg

8471879851_d7642b30ec_c.jpg

Some of Deuce 7's work
8472972992_7eb1c976a1_c.jpg

8471879677_dda9d07e95_c.jpg

Nothing beats the feel of real film does it? :)

Enjoy and there are some great shots in there!

Thanks. Yes I am really enjoying film. Currently saving to build my own darkroom. I cannot wait to be able to develop and make my own prints.

Over the past 6 months or so I have really slowed down my image making with digital. Just not snapping away all day anymore. So film fits me quite well right now. 2-3 rolls per month averages out to about 2-3 images per day. I've been doing less than that. Film has really slowed me down.

I can already see larger formats in my future as I think what has helped me a lot has been shooting with my cell phone. One focal length and a big viewfinder for composing. I think I would do well with a medium/large format ground glass view camera.

Thanks for stopping in and may I ask which ones you favored the most?

I wish I could edit my original posts so I could number the images.

Chris Calohan

Don't save...go to your local newspaper or local print house and see if they have their old photo stuff stored away. When I first started teaching photography, their was no digital. Later, when everyone started going to the digital format, offers of entire darkrooms poured in. When I retired this year, I'd amassed over 50 enlargers, B&W and color heads. I kept 22 and donated the rest to Dreyfoos School of the Arts in Miami.

The last two, my personal ones along with a whole lot of other stuff is leaving this coming Monday. I'm staying strictly with digital and alternative.

Don't save...go to your local newspaper or local print house and see if they have their old photo stuff stored away. When I first started teaching photography, their was no digital. Later, when everyone started going to the digital format, offers of entire darkrooms poured in. When I retired this year, I'd amassed over 50 enlargers, B&W and color heads. I kept 22 and donated the rest to Dreyfoos School of the Arts in Miami.

The last two, my personal ones along with a whole lot of other stuff is leaving this coming Monday. I'm staying strictly with digital and alternative.

Thanks for the advice. My plan was to go used and check craiglist but local newspapers sounds like a great idea.

I can take some things off your hands if you like ;-)

Terry Lee

Ebay is your friend too!

Slowing down is key, as you move up in film size you will get slower and slower. Darkrooms are great fun to build and more fun to use!