• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Conversations

Chris Calohan

Before you comment, try to allow your thinking to go outside your own perceptions and try to get a feel for the simplicity of how I am trying to understand my concepts of "Stolen Moments," of translating what I see intitially and getting it on to paper. Maybe in my old age, i'm short-circuiting..and maybe that's not so bad.

8618697330_7931999f1a_c.jpg

An Incomplete Discourse: Chris Calohan

8618697364_24c34e822d_c.jpg

Full Disclosure: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Before you comment, try to allow your thinking to go outside your own perceptions and try to get a feel for the simplicity of how I am trying to understand my concepts of "Stolen Moments," of translating what I see intitially and getting it on to paper. Maybe in my old age, i'm short-circuiting..and maybe that's not so bad.

Chris,

I have no issue with the pictures. With the titles and the clear changes you have made in the first one, it is so understandable, maybe even too straightforward! Actually, one needs only the second image and the title, "Conversations" or the two as a diptych side by side with just that one title and allow the viewer to work out the rest.

Now, you'd have to discover more such conversations to see where it leads you. This needs siblings!

Asher

Chris,

I have no issue with the pictures. With the titles and the clear changes you have made in the first one, it is so understandable, maybe even too straightforward! Actually, one needs only the second image and the title, "Conversations" or the two as a diptych side by side with just that one title and allow the viewer to work out the rest.

Now, you'd have to discover more such conversations to see where it leads you. This needs siblings!

Asher
I do have an issue.... IMO, converting part of the image in B&W is non-photography, it's like you use the easy way what the different lighting of colored or not images should do for you..., sorry, but in this case "visualization" doesn't apply... Why? ...because IMO, it can be only be one and not two of them (visualizations I mean)! ...And since color and B&W have a different one, due to different lighting presentation, they cannot be combined together. ....Open to a discussion on the matter! IMPRESSIVE IS DIFFERENT (and many times dangerous) TO ART!

P.S.: I have an (experimental) project under work (it's no where near ready yet) that tries to relate the visualization of color or B&W photography as a matter of choice for the (artist) photographer...

_dsc4059bbc.jpg

...the (not ready yet) album is called "color in colorless" and the aim is to relate the info that the photographer considers in judging his choice for shooting in B&W or color... In this case I considered the dressing (color of clothes) of the two (amateur) fishermen with respect to environment, a part that I suspect that they didn't considered or the inexperienced recipient won't... I couldn't care more or less..., I'll finish the album shooting all color and including as much B&W (in color) photography in it, no matter what the average recipient thinks... It's my opinion and it's open to discussion...

P.S.2: If another member has work that relates to the above subject (or is interested to participate or likes the idea and can offer to it) and wants to participate... he is free to contact me... I am not the "I am" photography kind and I do like people working together...