• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fascinating People I Saw In Nepal

fahim mohammed

local laundarmat

p1033054776.jpg

Everywhere in Nepal one finds these communal watering holes.

fahim mohammed

Good news: Picture chosen for magazine cover

This picture has been chosen for a forthcoming issue of a local travel magazine to be used as cover for it.

It shall also be used for destination promotion.

p260900856.jpg

Best.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p1033054776.jpg

Everywhere in Nepal one finds these communal watering holes.

Fahim,

Perhaps the colors are the code for laundry woman! Otherwise, this picture to me works better in B&W. As shown, the red disguises the nature of the woman in the foreground. I thought at first I was seeing a large bag of laundry capped with some tied knot! Also in color, each different colored bucket is utterly a different thing. nor only that, they are so different from the tub in the back. Likely that they are used in some order or for sorting. However, they are utensils that have in common the family of function for "doing laundry". When in grayscale, these appear as a repeating unit, but each is unique. So these items are now seen as part of a varied series. The bowl then is another version of the round shape of the bucket so the forms take dominance over the razmatazz disorder of disparate artificial colors.

What you are showing is a social issue and it's interesting. It's also important. In the gaudy colors, for sure it's closer to what you saw, but the essence the women's role are made less important.

Just a different point of view to consider,

Asher

BTW, did I say, I like this in B&W, it's a good picture!

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

children of Nepal...1

p964010439.jpg

p767521213.jpg

p867602128.jpg

p999936011.jpg

Unfortunately, child labor is very prevalent. While school is compulsory, I was saddened to see kids
walking uphill in the cold wearing beach sandals. Your help to help them will be very timely.

Thanks you.

fahim mohammed

Children of Nepal...2

p843853456.jpg

p872714622.jpg

p701513222.jpg

p1034137782.jpg

When photographing children in Nepal, try not to give them cash. Instead go to a stationary shop
buy books, pencils, note pads etc. and donate it to the various schools.

Each child born has a right to good health, food, school and love amongst other things. Please
give to the children that are not as fortunate as us. Please.

Thank you.