• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OPF on a Cell Phone: Reports, Ideas, Improvements we can use!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So here's the dilemma, we want to post the best pictures here in OPF as large as we dare and then also have folk enjoy them on their cell phones! Cem's post has sparked an interest in this subject, so here we have a thread devoted to the "Mobile" or "Cell Phone"!

I often hear different folks approach to inspiration for one's work. I am driven by impulse, stopping to photograph trees or some street vendor. Only occasionally does one find a person who lights up like a neon sign, "photograph me"! Yesterday, coming back from shooting a pumpkin carving competition, yes I'll show pictures shortly, I spotted a young girl walking alone south on highland Avenue towards Calumet, my drop off for the lights I'd rented for an orchestra shoot. I passed her thinking what a pity, no way! Then an open parking space appears and I took it. She's Australian model and her name is Madelaine. She was kindly sporting enough to agree to a shoot. As the sun was overhead at 1 pm, I chose to tame the harsh light using the shadow of a locked up storefront.

_MG_9997_Crop.jpg

Asher Kelman: Madelaine Snap 1Canon 5DII, 50 1.2L at f2.2, 1/200 sec ISO 200

Hopefully, I'll find a nice location for a more planned and formal shoot.

Asher

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Sorry I have missed this thread earlier. I am traveling now and can't see the pic properly on my mobile phone. Will react when I'm back home.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher,

Sorry I have missed this thread earlier. I am traveling now and can't see the pic properly on my mobile phone. Will react when I'm back home.

Cheers,
Well then, Cem,

We need to start thinking of a tool for presenting OPF better on mobile phones! Maybe it's built into vBulletin?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Well then, Cem,

We need to start thinking of a tool for presenting OPF better on mobile phones! Maybe it's built into vBulletin?

Asher
Oh no, OPF and pictures are rendered nicely. But it is a pain to judge pics on the tiny screen as only a small portion shows.

Oh no, OPF and pictures are rendered nicely. But it is a pain to judge pics on the tiny screen as only a small portion shows.

A small screen will have such limitations for the foreseeable future. A downsampled version/thumbnail will lose a lot of detail. Maybe future phones will allow to plug into the cortex (USB = Universal Synaptic Bus) ... ;-)

Cheers,
Bart

Doug Kerr

A small screen will have such limitations for the foreseeable future. A downsampled version/thumbnail will lose a lot of detail. Maybe future phones will allow to plug into the cortex (USB = Universal Synaptic Bus) ... ;-)Bart

I can just see it now, in a few generations:

"Oh, Mom, Grandpa is so hard to communicate with. You know, his port has that obsolete electrical interface, and I don't have a good adapter for it."

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Please look at this picture on your cell phone and report back the make of the phone and how well you could see the image. There are automatic resizing programs. I'm not sure whether or not we have this built in the this version of vBulletin forum software. We can get enhancement you need if we don't have required usability in v 4.0 which we've purchased but not migrated to as yet. Sean builds test platforms before any change.

So, for now, describe your experience and what we might do better.

Thanks all you helpful guys,

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Good evening

personally I'm not interested in that feature, as I wouldn't use it anyway.

I'm glad we can have here the images at 1024 pix; when beeing tiny stamps, they lose a lot of the impact. I already find the 1024 pix a limitation, compared with the real image, but can understand it as compromise for exchange.