• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

frontier

le-banc-print-a4-3436d8.jpg

Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cedric,

This is a very lonely place. The shadow of the tree is so important for the picture. Have you done anything in photoshop to increase the contrast? How did you get from the negative to the file to post?

I have only just started working with HP5! so I'm very interested in your process. Do you develop it yourself.

Asher

BTW, where is this?

I directly scanned film negative which has been developped by a photographer of my town, as i don't have a personal BW labo.

I just tuned levels in my scanner driver to optimize histogram and to get real darks (original scan was too clear, quite grey).

After scanning, i made some adjustements in Photoshop, using Shadow/Highlight menu : i noticed that for all my negatives scans, it's better to reduce high lights (10%) and to increase midtones contrast (+20).

Last action in PS : levels adjustment layer to optimize picture.

I hope it will help you.

This picture has been shot in Besançon, a city of east of France very well knowned for its fantastic cheeses ;) It represents a small municipal park, at the border of the town, along the highway which separates city center from suburbs, as usual in french cities.