• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

awards of architectural photography

Michael Fontana

pro member
Hi

as I' ve been last year in the jury of the trinational photo competition, I want to point your attention now to the 1st international awards of architectural photography:

"Archifoto aims to become the main photographic contest for amateur and professional photographers who aspire to capture architecture, urban landscape and the world with their cameras...
Based on a creative and documentary collection, Archifoto will eventually create an original corpus illustrating the complexity and wealth of contemporary architecture, as seen by people living in it.

“Architecture is sustainable!” is not only the central theme of the 2010 festival Les Journées de l’architecture but also the keynote of Archifoto and the issue we are inviting you to think about."

Interested? For more infos go here

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. What's great is that it's open to anyone as long as moral/legal rights are not infringed and pictures don't have to be in until July! The theme is "sustainable/durable architecture". But what might that mean?

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Michael,
...........The theme is "sustainable/durable architecture". But what might that mean?
Asher

Hi Asher

these words are not the mine, but I'm sure that it is pointing towards quality, in terms of architecture as well as the used materials. Quite lots of buildings of the 70th had to be broken down - due to lack of quality.

In terms of competition theme - I look it as a call to avoid to copy the fancy-star-architect-buildings-beauty-shots which have been published 1000 times already in all the mags.

When looking at last years jury's discussion, we avoided that type already; some non-profis - with good ideas got " honorable mentions" from the jury.

I' m not sure beeing in the jury this year again - they called me a while ago, but as you know I didn't had spare time, during last month.

Anyhow, I support the idea of a trinational photo competition, becoming a international award and to collaborate over the borders to reach that goal.