• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Arktikum, Rovaniemi

Jarmo Juntunen

Here are a few shots from a recent trip to North. Some steel sculpture included for Asher.

Arktikum, Rovaniemi

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

And, of course...

_smaller.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

Of course I would like the sculpture but there's nothing to compete with a child!

And, of course...

_smaller.jpg

Pictures, I love but this imp is adorable!

❤️

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Jarmo,

Of course I would like the sculpture but there's nothing to compete with a child!

Pictures, I love but this imp is adorable!

❤️

Asher

Yes, you're absolutely right. No steel structure or any other artifact can compete with a true masterpiece of nature. Thank you.

Asher Kelman

Here are a few shots from a recent trip to North. Some steel sculpture included for Asher.

Arktikum, Rovaniemi

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Jarmo,

I would love to know more about this place. What is it's purpose? ........I looked it up!

......and the sculpture. It appears to have clevises and tensioning cables. That is fascinating: necessary or just very expensive decoration?

Any more details or pictures of the sculpture?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Asher and James! Surely this particular model makes my photography worth all the time spent!

I tried to look for additional info on the sculpture but didn't find any. It is placed in a very central place in the main hall of Arktikum so it must have an important meaning. I'll try to find more.

Asher Kelman

......... Surely this particular model makes my photography worth all the time spent!

Having a model with energy and such a lovely sweet connecting pose makes everything gratifying! This natural charm can't be easilly faked! Such kids are genuine souls and precious and your investment will pay off many times over!

I tried to look for additional info on the sculpture but didn't find any. It is placed in a very central place in the main hall of Arktikum so it must have an important meaning. I'll try to find more.

Thanks jarmo. It's much appreciated as I use similar elements and I always learn from other folk!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, I reached out and wrote to him. See if he will share some more pictures and an introduction!

He also seems to love perforated curved surfaces.

I like being educated!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Peter! Arktikum is a science center and a museum in Rovaniemi, Finland. It was actually packed when we went there, like it is most times. So I had to be patient to get these pictures. Here's their webpage: www.arktikum.fi.