• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2009 F295 Seminar in New York, Jan 18th & Exhibit Camera Club New York 16th-20th

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
F295logosmall.png
is website community hosted by Tom Persinger. It focuses on alternative photography and has already attracted a nice following.It covers lensless photography and classic process such as Albumin prints, (one of David's specialities), Coloidon, platinum and much more.

Picture 21.jpg

Photo Tom Persinger 2008

Last January, there was a wonderful Seminar that David Goldfarb shared with me but that I missed. There were a bunch of interesting speakers. I'll be posting that report soon and the work of some of the artists. See if you can guess which guy Daaivd is! :)

Once again, as January comes near, there's another F295 Seminar at B&H Photovideo in New York. Although it's free, the seats are limited so you must apply ASAP. It's on Sunday January the 18th 2009, 10 am to 4:00 pm. Please let me know if you can make it, but note you have to make reservations through the F295 website!

Speakers:

Jo Babcock, Craig Barber, Michelle Bates, Dan Estabrook, Alida Fish, Joy Goldkind, Robert Hirsch, France Scully Osterman and Tom!

For more details and to book a place at the F295 website, here.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

F295: 21st Century Photography

I must thank David Goldfarb, who himself is an accomplished (hand coated) albumin print photographer, for kindly introducing me to the activity around New York organized by Tom Persinger. It's all about alternative ways of imaging. Photography is not just using a digital camera or even film!

Even if you can't get into the B&H seminar above, there's a second chance, so don't miss it if you are within commuting distance.

goldkind.jpg

Adagio #32, by Joy Goldkind (bromoil print)

f295show2400.jpg

Untitled attribution not given

f295show3400.jpg

Desierto Central‚ © Jo Babcock

I'm pleased to remind folk about a great educational opportunity in New York, New york.

Tom Persinger has announced the following:

We have two great events coming up this coming weekend in New York City in which F295 will continue it's investigation, through the voice and work of practicing photographers, into what constitutes 21st Century Photography! Join us if you can!

F295: 21st Century Photography
Exhibition at Camera Club of New York!
January 16-20, 2009 | New York, New York
Opening Reception: January 17, 7:00-9:00pm

F295 is pleased to announce that the Camera Club of New York will be hosting an exhibition entitled F295: 21st Century Photography from January 16 - 20, 2009. This show coincides with the F295 Seminar at B&H Photo on January 18 and showcases the work of 20 contemporary photographers who are currently engaged in the creation of a new, 21st century photography.

By exploring various techniques or freely combining photographic processes in their work these innovative artists are moving beyond the traditional photographic paradigm characterized by the adoption of newer equipment and the obsolescence of older equipment. The photographs on display provide a taste of the richness and complexity of work created by those allow themselves the luxury of experimentation, and use a broad range of tools and materials to make exciting and dynamic pictures.

Artists include:
Jo Babcock
Craig Barber
Michelle Bates
Gabriel Biderman
Laura Blacklow
David George Brommer
Martha Casanave
Jill Enfield
Dan Estabrook
Jesseca Ferguson
Alida Fish
Joy Goldkind
Robert Hirsch
Kerik Kouklis
Scott McMahon
France Scully Osterman
Mark Osterman
Tom Persinger
Jerry Spagnoli
Keith Taylor

These are some of the most well known artists working in the field today! Don't miss your chance to attend this short lived but very important exhibition.

More information about the Camera Club of New York on their website, here.

Asher Kelman

Don't forget the Seminar today. If you are lucky enough to get in, take notes! If not, get to the exhibit till the 20th January 2009! Let us know how it goes!

Asher

Gary Connors

I'm pleased to remind folk about a great educational opportunity in New York, New york.

Tom Persinger has announced the following:

We have two great events coming up this coming weekend in New York City in which F295 will continue it's investigation, through the voice and work of practicing photographers, into what constitutes 21st Century Photography! Join us if you can!

Looks like I'm about 6 months too late! What a fabulous learning experience---hope this is an annual event - I'll check the camera club site to look for future exhibits and seminars.