• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: When it darks, when it pours, some man-made shines

Eugene Ye

It was raining today and when I looked down my balcony I saw the rain continuously hitting the water at the pool and the light in the water is a strong contrast. What I want to show is that when the going (nature/Gods will/other-people as in variables that is out of self control) gets tough, we the human should take control of the situation and shines through the difficulties (represented by the darkness and rain). Persevere.

Just a sudden emotional rant presented through image.

C&C are most welcomed. Editing is ok as well.

darkpourlight.jpg

cheers.

Jerome Marot

I am not very sure that the viewer will get the message you posted here from the picture alone, but this is a simple yet effective graphical image nevertheless.

Eugene Ye

Thanks Jerome. I thought I had replied, but so I was wrong, my bad.
Yes, I have to agree with you that the viewer may not get to see the message from the photo alone. Many times, I am wondering how much a photo depend on the title. With different people having different comprehension, how does one shoot a photo that many people can understand (and probably yet sophisticated). I wonder about those abstract art - these are even harder to be understood by layman, but they are still being appreciated by those who know.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It was raining today and when I looked down my balcony I saw the rain continuously hitting the water at the pool and the light in the water is a strong contrast.

darkpourlight.jpg

Eugene Ye: Looking Down on water

Eugene,

Until now, I had no idea how to approach the image. With the title, one gets a 3D, not that flat impression dispassionate view, like a mechanical drawing. That utterly changes the whole concept in one's mind and makes the experience!

A title is most often helpful to guide us. That's the crack that let's the light in!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Sir, the lack of acknowledging viewers comments for so long is
in my books very impolite.

p.s. as to image you posted..courtesy takes percedence in my books.