• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nous Sommes Paris!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Social media world wide is connecting with the horror of the massacres in Paris, France.

19195123-mmmain.jpg

A woman holds a French flag colored placard in Trafalgar Square, London, Saturday, Nov. 14, 2015. with
French translating as "we are Paris" while attending a vigil for victims of the deadly Paris attacks,
(AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

Folk are changing their selfie ID pictures to have the tricolor as a b.g. OPFr Ossis Rami has the following picture:

Ossi_Rami_Tricolor.jpg

National monuments and buildings are being lit around the world with the French Tricolor.

Asher

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy brown

Vive la France

I was on the deck today enjoying a long lunch.
The sky, the clouds and the wine talked to me (as they do).

Here's my deferential image to the French people.

Vive%20la%20France%20screen%20size_zpsjzhf2wou.jpg

Vive la France​

I want to work this theme and this shot up a bit (then I want it see it go viral).

Any suggestions (especially from guys like. I dunno, Nicolas) would be welcomed.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Wow!
Great photo and concept, warm feelings from you Andy!
Nothing to be changed on this image imho
May I pick your image and post it on my Fb page? (crediting you of course)
I refused to post the French flag as suggested by many as I feel more European than French and even more like a man living on the Planet…
But this is different, it's not coming from me, it's coming from a friend who lives on the opposite of our ball…

Cheers! Tchin tchin ! A la tienne !

Andy brown

Hi Nicolas.
By all means put it up.
Part of me thinks, "put a copyright sticker on it" ( maybe it's got some commercial value!)
The other part says "don't be silly, it's a simple response to the times....and copyright stickers ruin the image too"

The theme is in line with the sentiment " they may have bombs but we have Champagne!"

Cheers and Tchin tchin! A la tienne.... nosdrovya, jol mui, slange, yackydah, mo hai bah yo, Bula etc.

nicolas claris

Hi Nicolas.
By all means put it up.
Part of me thinks, "put a copyright sticker on it" ( maybe it's got some commercial value!)
The other part says "don't be silly, it's a simple response to the times....and copyright stickers ruin the image too"

The theme is in line with the sentiment " they may have bombs but we have Champagne!"

Cheers and Tchin tchin! A la tienne.... nosdrovya, jol mui, slange, yackydah, mo hai bah yo, Bula etc.

Thanks Andy
Do you have you're own Fb page so I can "tag" you ?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andy,

Vive la France​

Vive le bleu, blanc, et rouge!

Lovely.

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

Hi Nicolas.
By all means put it up.

Hi Andy

Sorry, but due to the results of the election yesterday in France, I haven't published your image on my Fb page… I'm not in the mood to appear as a nationalist, the French flag is way too much used by extreme rightists which are far from my side…
Another sad day : (

Andy brown

Hi Nicolas, what a shame the flag has taken on that meaning.
Sadly the same thing has happened here in Aus.
Even the southern cross (stellar constellation) which features on the flag has been hijacked by neo nationalists.
It's an extremely common tattoo that people have and usually can be read as ' I'm a dumb arsed bigot'. Terrible shame.

Dave Butcher

Vive la France​

I want to work this theme and this shot up a bit (then I want it see it go viral).

Any suggestions (especially from guys like. I dunno, Nicolas) would be welcomed.

I love this one and it really sings.