• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

White-tailed Kite with breakfast

Doug Herr

07 February 2018
Yolo County California
wtkite07.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
07 February 2018
Yolo County California
wtkite07.jpg

Doug,

Well caught. At first I couldnt see the prey!

Do you think the ? mouse is still alive? I am looking at that curved beak. Seem ideal for ripping. Not a too friendly breakfast for Mrs. Mouse!

Asher

Doug Herr

Doug,

Well caught. At first I couldnt see the prey!

Do you think the ? mouse is still alive? I am looking at that curved beak. Seem ideal for ripping. Not a too friendly breakfast for Mrs. Mouse!

Asher

Mouse definitely not still alive. This photo was made after several pieces were consumed.

Peter Dexter

Beautiful photo Doug. Like how the bird is enveloped in the swirling branchlets. I've watched a Sharp-shinned Hawk take prey and they just start pulling chunks out right away. I suspect the prey goes into shock.