• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lily Tower

Lily Tower is from my Flora collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC. I had created an earlier composition of the same flowers, but I had to use a smaller f-stop due to the proximity of the background objects. In this image, I didn't have to worry about anything in back of it because I had 40 or 50 feet of space behind the flowers using this perspective.

The Artist's Story blog for this piece (and several others - including the shallow depth of field version) can be read here: Lily Tower

SD16_2739.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Love it!

Your link is helpful too. I wish I could see more of the background setting of the shoot and description of the location.

But I have no right to be greedy!

Asher

Love it!

Your link is helpful too. I wish I could see more of the background setting of the shoot and description of the location.

But I have no right to be greedy!

Asher

Hello Asher,
I would like those things too and one of these days I might have a smart phone with a camera. Then I can document them and have visual ways to show how things were when composing. I've seen other folks do that so it's on my wish list. :)

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Been quiet around here. I guess the drab winter days have gotten most of the folks to put their gear away until Spring.