• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello From Australia: EMPLOYMENT & SOCIAL ROLES: 1944-2007

RonPrice

I am 63, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2004 and volunteer/casual teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. My wife is a Tasmanian, We’ve 3 children. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 48 years! http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray West

Hi Ron,

Getting in first, b4 Asher, I guess, welcome to opf.

Although your cv is quite impressive, this is primarily a photography related forum, and you do not mention you photography skills or aspirations. Perhaps you could link us to some of your photos.

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My welcome is right there after Ray! He's fast!

Could your share with us the url of any gallery you might have and your interests in photography.

Asher

BTW, is that your leopard on your website?

RonPrice

No Problem

If you go to my website and then click on the "autobiography" section at the bottom; click there and scroll down(turn left take a right and the joint is on the left behind A&W hamburgers). You will find a few of my photos on that page. Apologies for overdoing the "intro section." Most people only want a "hello, how are ya?" intro--that's fine. I'm happy to fi tinto the local mode.
My interest in photography is academic; my wife takes all the photos, mans the camera, works out the angels. I organize the albums.-Ron

RonPrice

Our Camera and Photos At Home: Some Details

The photos taken by my wife are with a Riva Zoom70 Minolta camera, made in China or Osaka Japan(31808282). We have 12 family albums. The oldest photo was taken by someone in my mother's family in Ontario in 1908; my first wife also had a collection of photos which are, now, part of my collection. The women in my life have taken virtually all the photos and I, on the other hand, read about the subject. -Ron Price, Tasmania, Australia.

RonPrice

My Post in the "Provocative Thoughts Section" Below

If you go to:

My Post in the "Provocative Thoughts Section" Below...you will see/read some of my thoughts....too many probably....but some of my thoughts nevertheless.-Ron

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The photos taken by my wife are with a Riva Zoom70 Minolta camera, made in China or Osaka Japan(31808282). We have 12 family albums. The oldest photo was taken by someone in my mother's family in Ontario in 1908; my first wife also had a collection of photos which are, now, part of my collection. The women in my life have taken virtually all the photos and I, on the other hand, read about the subject. -Ron Price, Tasmania, Australia.

Ron, mate, good fellow, do I have to fly over to Australia and copy your old pics and post them? Or, is there a chance you might actually show them? We'd be fascinated. Photographs count! If you happen to know the cameras used that's even better.

Some people collect lenses, some drool over the latest of everyrthing. My interest is simple; the photograph itself, its creation and appreciation.

Asher

RonPrice

Belated Apologies Asher

It has been nearly 2 and 1/2 years since I was at this site. Belated Apologies Asher.-Ron

RonPrice

After another 3 years.....

After another 3 years.....I'll see what I can do about getting some photos at this site, Asher.-Ron