• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yet another Mac vs PC article

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Stan!

Maybe on Tuesday Steve Jobs will announce a souped up Macbook Pro called Pippin and then I'll know it's really different! :)

I want 4 GB RAM, a geopositioning device and a killer graphic card.

The current nomenclature is confusing!

Asher

Stan Jirman

Asher Kelman said:
The current nomenclature is confusing!
Really? I felt the old naming was far worse.

Mac Book
Mac Book Pro

Mac Mini
Mac Pro
iMac (mainly a historical name)

iMac aside, they all start with Mac and have a descriptive suffix designation. Contrast that with Performa 1800 and Performan 1900, not to mention the 2300 which actually wasn't better than the 1800 or 1900...

Tim Armes

Tim Smith said:
Personally, I'm sorry this thread ever showed up.

So am I, truth be known.

I find it to be a strange cultural phenomenon that something as manufactured as a personal computer can elicit such emotional reactions from people.

Because they're the tools that we use every day, and we want them to be as good as they can be.

I thank everybody here for there feedback on the subject, doubly so for the way that this community maintains it high standard of discussion. It's clear that any discussion on this subject causes contention , and for good reasons. Causing contention is not one of the objectives of my site, so I've decided to remove the article my site.

Regards,

Tim