• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LOMO action for PS

Jeff Donovan

I just stumbled across this on the web and have been having some fun with it. It proposes to mimic some of the old LOMO cameras. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it, but I had some fun playing around with it in PS3 and figured I'd share it.

link

Before:

180848612-M.jpg

After

183684933-M.jpg

Before

63876196-M.jpg

After (cropped)

183687117-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jeff,

I really would like someone to add a genetic plugin to Shiatsu breeding to let the dog see properly! The hair going into the eyes is one of those things that always puzzles me. Who hasn't heard of a blind Shiatsu? Why they bred a dog to be so hampered I'd really like to know! (If you do know that may be you might also be able to explain to me how come "Twiggy" ever was a model or why visitors to Ibadan are sold Palm wine to drink after 1:00 pm in Ibadan, Nigeria! Everyone knows that's practically lethal, it has fermented so long beyond great at 10 am!)

I do not "get" the Lomo effect here, probably because I have not been educated. I do know that a lot of people create fine art with that humble camera. Unfortunately I have not to date seen much to even approach recognition beyond some expectation of out of focus and distortion effect or light leaks.

However I am taken by your picture of the roofs, I presume in Florence. I'd just want the top of the tower to the right (is that the Duomo). The sky is of course spectacular. What filter got you that?

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
As far as Shih tzu breeding goes, they are so sweet, they need no modifications. If they were not clipped their fur would be long enough to not get in the eyes. Of course, they'd have a barette or a pony tail on the top. Same as my Lhasa Apso. However, he gets groomed to have no fur in his eyes.

I like the look of that LOMO plug in. I will have to look it up (of course, I still have to learn how to use a plug in, but that is a new topic). I just finished learning Magnetic Lasso Tool (yee haw!). I am in Class week # 5 of 8 weeks for basic Photoshop.

Jeff Donovan

Hi Jeff,

I really would like someone to add a genetic plugin to Shiatsu breeding to let the dog see properly! The hair going into the eyes is one of those things that always puzzles me. Who hasn't heard of a blind Shiatsu? Why they bred a dog to be so hampered I'd really like to know! (If you do know that may be you might also be able to explain to me how come "Twiggy" ever was a model or why visitors to Ibadan are sold Palm wine to drink after 1:00 pm in Ibadan, Nigeria! Everyone knows that's practically lethal, it has fermented so long beyond great at 10 am!)

I do not "get" the Lomo effect here, probably because I have not been educated. I do know that a lot of people create fine art with that humble camera. Unfortunately I have not to date seen much to even approach recognition beyond some expectation of out of focus and distortion effect or light leaks.

However I am taken by your picture of the roofs, I presume in Florence. I'd just want the top of the tower to the right (is that the Duomo). The sky is of course spectacular. What filter got you that?

Asher

Asher, Peaches is a Maltepoo (sp) but I agree, a little trimming around the eyes wouldn't be a bad thing. I wonder if there is some sort of reason that was bred into those dogs?

I'm just learning about LOMO as well. You can buy some cheap LOMOs online, so I might grab one to shoot some film and learn more about exactly what lomography is all about.

I agree on the Florence pictures, however in my naivete I simply didn't get the whole tower in the shot. Our time in Florence is where I realized I needed to learn more about photography and upgrade from my little 4MP Kodak point and shoot.

The Florence pic where the clouds really pop was run through the LOMO action. I think the effect on both the clouds and the roofing tiles were quite nice.

Next project is to remove the antennas!

Kathy, I just downloaded it and then double clicked on the file. It opened in PS3 all by itself.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jeff can you check that you have options in pbase set to allow direct linking as the Florence pics are not showing up. I'm also glad I identified the roof tops and Duomo correctly.

It is likely that you have other pics with the top of the tower! The new MS program claims to be able to search the internet and repair the image with other similar images!!

Asher

Jeff Donovan

This is very true, I will have to check to see if I have other shots of the tower from a similar perspective.

I'm not sure about your pbase comment. I use smugmug for my photohosting and you should be able to direct link, though you have to go to the "share" button above the photo to get a link.

Here they are:

185745051-L.jpg

185745422-L.jpg