• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homelessnes

James Lemon

20130728-L1002335-L.jpg

"One of most fascinating characteristics of progressives (also known as “liberals”) is the blindness they display to the adverse consequences of their very own government programs."

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

"One of most fascinating characteristics of progressives (also known as “liberals”) is the blindness they display to the adverse consequences of their very own government programs."

Poo.

I suppose this fellow is supposed to be an example of the abject failure of that infamous Liberal Party program, "Live On The Street At Taxpayer Expense."

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

I endorse the use of "progressive" as a more meaningful substitute for the term "liberal" (in the political sense).

Of course, having chosen to do so, for semantic consistency we must replace "conservative" with "regressive". Works for me.

Best regards,

Doug

James Lemon

Hi, James,

Poo.

I suppose this fellow is supposed to be an example of the abject failure of that infamous Liberal Party program, "Live On The Street At Taxpayer Expense."

Best regards,

Doug[/QUOTE]

No Doug not an example. In fact he does well considering his circumstances. But maybe you should travel to places Like Seattle Washington or some other big city like Vancouver BC and have a stroll around a few back alleys and see if your cell phone can save you from being mugged.

But if you think that existing government policies in various communities don't contribute to numerous social problems for folks then yes, you are as blind as the rest. Have a nice evening with your computer instead.

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
20130728-L1002335-L.jpg

James,

Are you implying that “liberals” have some monopoly on foolish legislation?

Go tell that to those under the thumb of reasoned conservatives!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

Are you implying that “liberals” have some monopoly on foolish legislation?

Go tell that to those under the thumb of reasoned conservatives!

Asher

Asher

You should do your own research as opposed to resorting to sarcasm and always trying to justify your beliefs. Thinking that the others are all racist. Seriously where do you get some your ideas from the TV or the radio?

James

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher

You should do your own research as opposed to resorting to sarcasm and always trying to justify your beliefs. Thinking that the others are all racist. Seriously where do you get some your ideas from the TV or the radio?

James

James,

You are the one who made sweeping assertions against liberals implying they cause homelessness!

In my response, I didn’t question the truthfulness of your serious allegations, but that I saw no distinguishing features that protect the public from any political party and their establishment, which feeds itself!

I had no intention of being sarcastic. My remarks, however you read them, were intended to be direct, reasoned and even-handed.

.....and where did I accuse anyone in my answer here of racism?

Rather in plain English, so there is no misreading:

Whoever is in charge are going to make huge errors in judgment and also be to some extent corrupt, either naturally as part of their character or as necessary to repay those who finance their political success.

The names of the parties do not alter the reality that the resources and opinion movements needed to get elected, require a lot of support and indebtedness.

Still, in the end, when a a Canadian goes to hospital and gets good care or an American is rescued from Hurricaine’s floodwaters, it’s the institutions and organizations of our governments that often save those lives, imperfect and even dishonest as we might be!

Asher