• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pedantry Is The Enemy Of Great Photography

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

George,

That's a good read. Pedanticism has it's place in doing specific tasks. If one has an assistant at an event, especially a wedding or some place with benefactors or stars, one can give the list of parameters to make sure one can deliver what the client wants. Freeform imaginative work is not required, just competent coverage.

OTOH, for doing artwork, move aside rules and regulations. I want to be able to do anything my whims ask of me. As long as one keeps pedaticisms in its place, art can flourish. However, outside of fun, most other photographer is not that creative. Its for meeting a clients requirements or documenting the cold facts.

So photographers have to know when to be free and when to be obsessional. If not, one can't be either creative nor get paid!

But then now, aren't I being the pedant? UGH! :(

Asher