• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The art of flower design.

fahim mohammed

Recently Ayesha was called in to do an hour's show on our local TV. The subject being floral design.
Here are some screen shots from that show.

After the show, she was asked if she would appear on weekly basis!! She is still undecided.

p1112892632.jpg

How cool. I guess she was cool as a cucumber under the pressure of being on tv, as they are now offering her the job. Please let us know if she accepts. Tell her congratulations!
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Recently Ayesha was called in to do an hour's show on our local TV. The subject being floral design.
Here are some screen shots from that show.

After the show, she was asked if she would appear on weekly basis!! She is still undecided.

p1112892632.jpg

What a treat, Fahim!

Your wife is now a star! What TV station is that and how far is it broadcast?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Maggie, Asher.

Ayesha has asked me to convey her thanks for the kind words and good wishes to the both of you.

It was not her show. She just happened to be the solo guest on the hour long local program. Interview about
her family, how she got into mountain climbing and the flower business. They asked her to demonstrate
some simple floral arrangement design.

The best part, however, her response to when she started trekking the mountains..." After I became a grandmother, she answered in a matter of fact way. And the flower business..' Oh that..just a few months ago '.

Thank you both once again.

fahim mohammed

recently Ayesha was asked to design and present flower arrangements for a symposium at the College of Medicine, King Saud University.

She was thrilled, to say the least!

Here are some of her floral arrangements...

p1141717938-4.jpg

p1141717790-4.jpg

p1141717916-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
recently Ayesha was asked to design and present flower arrangements for a symposium at the College of Medicine, King Saud University.

She was thrilled, to say the least!

Fahim,

This is a wonderful expression of Aisha's love for the gifts we have to appreciate in our lives. The displays for a medical conference are stunning. I've never seen anything like that in all my life! Also, they designs are cleverly made to take up so little height above the table level and not hide the speaker's faces and faces.

p1141717790-4.jpg

I especially like the order of the colors. The white, which is less harsh than the solid red, has been placed on the top. This allows a gentle transition to the softer faces of the medical panel members seated on the rostrum. The red rose are next and then complementary crescents flow down on either side of the plenum in a flourish that extends the domain of the flowers but takes so little space away from the architecture of the symposium hall.

This next picture also caught my full attention:

p1141717916-5.jpg

Once again, less aggressive white slim lines go up high. There not being much bulk, obstruction of view is less. The decoration follows the sense of the arrangements on the dais but with differences. Here, the arrangements seem to be bolder and meant to be looked at as an entity rather than part of a wide view of the hall. It is both striking and elegant, once again the flourish of purple/magenta crescent lines spreading the territory over which the composition works.

Bravo!

Asher

Fahim, what wonderful displays. I remember you saying she starting doing flowers only a few months ago. She's a natural talent for sure and I'm very impressed with how elegant the front of the long table looks with those flowers low and unobtrusive and the soft flowing lines of the draping flowers below. I also love the tall one, and especially those little punches of lime green that go so well purple/magenta color. Congratulate her and wish her much continued success in doing this, as I can see clearly that if she really enjoys it (she must, for sure) that she will not lack clients that will want her creative services. :)

fahim mohammed

Fahim, what wonderful displays. I remember you saying she starting doing flowers only a few months ago. She's a natural talent for sure and I'm very impressed with how elegant the front of the long table looks with those flowers low and unobtrusive and the soft flowing lines of the draping flowers below. I also love the tall one, and especially those little punches of lime green that go so well purple/magenta color. Congratulate her and wish her much continued success in doing this, as I can see clearly that if she really enjoys it (she must, for sure) that she will not lack clients that will want her creative services. :)

Maggie. how generous of you!! fahim showed me your msg last nite. still dont know what to say.
tks very very much.
ayesha.

fahim mohammed

Maggie, thank you.

A young couple, after the traditional wedding wanted to have a small contemporary deco at a hotel.
At short notice, Ayesha got things moving. I had to chip in too ( !! ), as there were no flowers in our cold storage..the ones Ayesha had in mind.

However, here are some shots with an iPhone. Sorry for the quality.. The couple came over for tea at our house to thank Ayesha!!

p1145256462-3.jpg

p1145256500-4.jpg

p1145256564-4.jpg

p1145257026-3.jpg

Fahim, seriously, she does stunning work. It is hard to believe she has not been doing this for years and years. She's a natural!

Ayesha, I love what you do, you have the nimble fingers of a flower fairy. :)

Michael Nagel

Congratulations to Ayesha!

While the arrangements are generous, they are not overwhelming and still more on the subtle side.

Best regards,
Michael

fahim mohammed

Asher, Maggie, Jake, Charlotte, Michael..

Ayesha would like me to convey to you all the huge encouragement and joy she got from reading your
posts. She is grateful to you all for the kind words and best wishes.

Kindest regards and thank you.