• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon Posts !D Mark III 10 fps 10.1MP live preview

Ivan Garcia

58 meters yacht (190 feet) 12-24 @ 20mm (after correction of lens distortion in CS3

If you edit the image, please do not repost.

Nicolas .
That’s the second time you post this picture… I could make that yacht float with the saliva it makes me generate… lol
As I said before… I want one and I want it now….

(the yatch and the lens)

Joseph Ferrari

_G8A9384.jpg

58 meters yacht (190 feet) 12-24 @ 20mm (after correction of lens distortion in CS3

If you edit the image, please do not repost.

Outstanding shot!
Joseph

Last edited by a moderator:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Why did you corrected lens distortion in Cs-3?

Hi Michael
in fact it is more a perspective correction than lens correction.
Though it is true with every focal, when you shoot not perpendicular to the plan (looking up or down) the verticals are not vertical anymore, especially with very wide angles lenses.
On this image it was obvious with the flag mast on the left.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas .
That’s the second time you post this picture… I could make that yacht float with the saliva it makes me generate… lol
As I said before… I want one and I want it now….

(the yatch and the lens)

Bonjour Ivan

Not exactly!
In this version, perspective and color/light has been tweaked.

The previous post of this shot was a rough version coming from a batch of the shoot selection:

_G8A9384.jpg

Guess what?
The lens is much more affordable than the yacht!

Last edited: