• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Wow!" moments: smart Tips/insights on your gear!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"Well here's a revelation!", that's what I thought when I started to use the * button on the back of my Canon DSLR's for focus.

This is why we post news when we can catch it early. An example in point, the free Phase one Downloadable tutorial:

Phase one has created a downloadable video tutorial for the application taking you through the workflow showing the way way to better images from activation of the application and to the processing of files.

The video tutorial is of 30 minutes duration and it is available in .wmv and .mov formats for download

here

That was a usefully tip Asher, you should make a poll among forum members to tell about their most valuable tips passed on by fellow forum members.

For example, I read the other day that if you take out the battery tray from a Mamiya AFD while on the (Pelican) case you stop them from perpetual drainage... did that and so far they are going... and going. but I am sure that some others have more substantial case examples...

So post your "Wow" tidbit!

Asher, I'm glad you made a new topic of this, there must be so many anecdotes on how we find the solution with the help of other posters.

Another one was resent post by Michael Mouravi http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4643
on the recipe to place a profile among the "canned" ones on Capture One, the Phase One raw processing program.
At the moment a friend with a very expensive profile program just made one of my P25 and I could place it in my two copies of C1.

I now use this profile all the time since it gives the best color results, so much so that I like to demonstrate it with my clients and explain that this is a custom made profile that guarantees close to perfect color...

By the way, that procedure is not even in the $300 book produced by Walter Borchenko (I think that he is the voice in the half our video on C1 4 work flow)

What about you Asher, what have you learned recently?