• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

(1st Annual?) OPF Benelux Meet & Shoot

Cem_Usakligil

Hi All,

Hereby I would like to invite all OPF members located in the Benelux (or anybody who is willing to travel the distance) to a new event. Bart and I have been playing around with the idea for a while now. We want to get together at a central but also photographically interesting location. We do not have a fixed agenda or date yet but we would like to have your input for achieving that. One of our goals is to get to know each other. We also want to do a shoot around a yet to be decided theme. And we would like to end the day by having a dinner and/or some drinks somewhere.

So, does this sound interesting? If your answer is yes (make sure that it is so ;-)), then please react in this thread. I have already received confirmations from Bart and Frank that they will be present. Who's next?

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

How about Nov 29th in Paris?
LOL, that's a bit outside the definition of a central location in the Benelux. Some 400 km to be more precise. But we can have a OPF France meet and shoot on the 29th in Paris. We just have to ask Cedric along and any others who are in the area.

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Vin

Okay, Rachel, then we shall have a glass of vin and toast to you.. It's also our wedding anniversary.

Cem, what's 400 km between friends.....not being from Europe, I am not familiar with the Benelux designation for an area (any more than you would be with the parameters of say "The South Bay" or "Conejo Valley" ...when referring to areas in So. California. Sadly, some of "Valley" Girl people think all of France is only Paris and Provence.

Cem_Usakligil

Okay, Rachel, then we shall have a glass of vin and toast to you.. It's also our wedding anniversary.

Cem, what's 400 km between friends.....not being from Europe, I am not familiar with the Benelux designation for an area (any more than you would be with the parameters of say "The South Bay" or "Conejo Valley" ...when referring to areas in So. California. Sadly, some of "Valley" Girl people think all of France is only Paris and Provence.
Hi Kathy,

Of course, 400 km is nothing between friends like you and I. But for the regular Dutch or Belgian OPFers, it is a bit off their daily route ;-). So a central location in the Benelux (consisting of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) would be more like Breda, Tilburg or Turnhout. Whether it is photographically interesting to be there is yet another question ;-)

On topic: Where are all those OPF members from this area, why don't they react yet??? C'mon people! :)))

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well why not have an LA shoot too? What is special about that date?

How many regions could we get?

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Isn't there a town in northern Belgium that we could use - my parents go somewhere with a microbrewery called the three brewers (Les Trois Brasseurs?). You might even get an english contingent on the day trip at that, as I'd love to come over if at all possible.

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

Isn't there a town in northern Belgium that we could use - my parents go somewhere with a microbrewery called the three brewers (Les Trois Brasseurs?). You might even get an english contingent on the day trip at that, as I'd love to come over if at all possible.

Mike
That would be fantastic Mike! We could go to Antwerp for instance. Another possibility, which is even nearer to UK is the city of Ghent.

The brewer you mention has apparently been gone now. Even it wasn't so, it was located near the Luxembourg border of Belgium, nowhere near the Northern part ;-)

But no worries, there are many micro brewers still active in Belgium and in Antwerp or in Ghent one can have 300+ sorts of beer.

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

I'm interested Cem, but when will it be? Nov 29th as was suggested for Paris?

Cheers,

Erik Leeman
Hi Erik,

This is such great news, I am already looking forward to meeting you in person :)

To take away any misunderstandings: the 29th of Nov in Paris is an outstanding appointment Kathy and I have made previously. If anybody in Paris area is willing, they can of course join us on that day. That's why I joked about an OPF France day.

So the 29th of November is not the date chosen for the Benelux OPF meet neither it is an international OPF date or anything like that (LOL).

We still have to decide on the date and place of the Benelux meet.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hey .. if it is not the 29th of november, the last weekend before Sinterklaas then it sounds like a plan to me!

Antwerp or Ghent or indeed central in the Benelux area Antwerp - Breda. all have ample photo opportunities. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person!

Martin

erik leeman

I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such an enthousiastic welcome Cem, but I'd be delighted to meet you all. Breda is fine for me, it's one of those nearby cities I've been wanting to explore for too long.
Although technically a member since May 2006 I've been 'asleep' so to speak all this time, distracted by a compelling passion for a particular type of photography I stumbled into around the same time I became a member here. Sorry 'bout that. I promise I'll behave from now on, and I'll properly introduce myself a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Erik Leeman

Cem_Usakligil

It's about time....

Hi,

I guess we should put this activity back on our agenda again.
To make things a bit more concrete, here is what Bart and I suggest:

Please let us know:
1) Do you want to participate? (say yes ;-))
2) Indicate which of the following dates are suitable for you (multiple choices are possible): 24th, 25th or 31st of January or the 1st of February.
3) What do you prefer: Rotterdam or Breda as the meeting place?
4) Would you like to meet and chat only or also do some shooting? Please note that we do not want to turn this into anything serious or a kind of competition; it's just some friendly city walk and we'll shoot along the way.
5) Would you like to have drinks only or also have some food somewhere (after the shoot)?

It goes without saying that all ideas and suggestions are more than welcome. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When are you guys thinking of doing this? It seems rather cold at the moment in Europe and hardly gets better till May or so. You should have it in Los Angeles!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

When are you guys thinking of doing this? It seems rather cold at the moment in Europe and hardly gets better till May or so. You should have it in Los Angeles!
Well, having an OPF Benelux meet in LA would be definitely misplaced. Now maybe if you could arrange an OPF California/US meet in LA... <wink>

We are thinking of having this meeting at end of January or maybe in February. The weather won't be ideal but the primary purpose is not to shoot. It is to meet each other personally and chat while having some drinks/food.

Cheers,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Any evening, in Dusseldorf between Jan. 18 to 24 and I'll be able to attend :)

Sorry guys, that's all I can consider for place and dates…

A Yes for me :)

Both Saterday's are available and Rotterdam has my preference, but Breda would do fine for me to. And a meal at "Seif" in the city center comes highly recommended

Also flexible on later date's if more can attend.

Regards, martin

Cem_Usakligil

OK, the stand is as follows:

Bart, Martin and I can make it in January and also in February. Mike Shimwell is planning to join us all the way from UK but can only make it in February. Frank cannot make it in January either.

So we shall now have to pick new dates in February. Please let me know asap when you all are available. Thx.

Cheers,